Back to overview
Harbour tug engineers
On board a harbour tug you work in a team of 3 people, a master, AB, and engineer.
On board you:
- execute the safety- and environmental policy on board;
- are head of department for the engineering equipment;
- are responsible for the safety, administration, maintenance and repairs of all permanently installed equipment on board the vessel, together with the safe and efficient use of the manpower available;
- contribute to the objective that the ship is always available to be deployed in a safe and efficient manner;
- are responsible for all technical activities;
- manage the vessels technical administration and manuals;
- manage the Planned Maintenance System;
- manage of the technical stores, goods and tools and the correct storage or processing of incoming supplies;
- arrange the environmentally correct processing of waste products;
- should lead by example by wearing appropriate PPE and comply with safety practices and procedures at all times;
- reporte to the technical superintendent;
- operate the winches during harbour towage operations.
Do you have?
- Fluency in Dutch and English, both spoken and written;
- Knowledge of German language is nice to have, but not required;
- Valid Certificate of Competence for Second Engineer or Chief Engineer (perhaps with limitations);
- All required STCW certificates and courses for the position;
- Valid seafarer medical health certificate;
- Some experience with ASD tugs or willing to learn it on the job;
- Knowledge of international regulations like ISM, MARPOL and MLC;
- Embrace and uphold the very essence of responsibility, commitment, accountability and safety.
For more information contact Kim van der Linden on 010-4914131 or email@example.com
Share this vacancy: